Satilla Health Partners, established in 2017, anticipates making its first grants in 2019. While the Foundation welcomes hearing from members of our community, eligible organizations will not be able to apply for grants before January 1, 2020.
The explicit purpose of Satilla Health Partners is to improve access to healthcare of the people of Ware, Pierce, and Brantley counties, and the surrounding community; promote health and wellness in the community; provide health and safety education to the people of the community; and ensure the continued provision of essential health services in the community in a manner that is exclusively for the promotion of social welfare within the meaning of IRC Section 501(c)(4) and consistent with charitable purposes within the meaning of IRC Section 501(c)(3).
Areas of Interest
Beginning in January 2020, the Foundation will consider applications for funding in the following program areas:
- Preventative Care
- Mental Health (focused on addiction and the opioid crisis)
- Elder Care (focused on hospice, palliative care)
The Foundation limits funding to programs affecting the people of:
- Ware, Pierce, and Brantley counties (primarily)
- Surrounding communitie (secondarily)
Types of Support
The Foundation will consider requests for an organization’s greatest need, whether it be operating, program, capital support, or some other type of support.
- Satilla Health Partners only funds 501(c)(3) organizations
- For-profit corporations are not eligible to receive grant awards
- The Foundation does not provide funding to individuals
Grant Cycle & Deadlines
- The online grant application will open on January 1, 2020
- All applications must be received by June 30, 2020
- Organizations selected to receive funding will be notified by December 31, 2020
In January 2020 an online application will be available for eligible organizations.
Resources for Individuals
The Foundation does not make grants to individuals.
If you are in need of medical services, please visit Memorial Satilla Hospital.